Stonehill Nursery School is a Local Authority maintained nursery school.
We aim to offer each child on the waiting list a part-time place as soon after their 3rd birthday as possible - this is not until the beginning of the term following their 3rd birthday.
All children are eligible for a funded place of 15 hours per week at this time.
We hope to offer each child a minimum of three terms; however priority will be given by the Governing Body of the school to any admission application as follows:
1. Children who are on the Child Protection Register (and live in the normal or wider area served by the school).
2. Children who are looked after by a local authority in accordance with Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989.
3. Children who are – or are likely to be – the subject of a statement of special educational needs.
4. Children whose families are suffering from severe social and psychological stress, significantly affectingthe child’s development.
5. Children from the normal area of the school.
6. Children from the wider area of the school.
We try to offer a sessional place that suits the requirements of a family however this is not always possible especially when trying to accommodate extended family members in the same session. The needs of the child will always be paramount.